Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The God of Another Chance


“Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time, saying, Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and preach to it the message that I tell you. So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord." Jonah 3:1-3
 
When life circumstances upset our journey some four years ago, the spiritual and emotional dagger thrust into my heart dealt a fatal blow to my faith. I continued to immerse myself in my ministry responsibilities, but I was simply going through the motions. It finally culminated in me deciding to step on the sideline and remove myself from the game. The only problem is, when Heaven and Hell are hanging in the balance, this is no game.
 
Now that I've had time to reflect on who, what and where I am on this pilgrimage, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to put myself back into a position of availability to the Lord and His kingdom activity. My employer has been very gracious to me in allowing me to move from a full-time to a part-time position. This will give me the privilege of having time to devote to whatever type of gospel ministry that God might desire to put me in. I am not trying to resurrect my evangelistic organization, nor do I feel compelled to try and re-birth our church plant. I simply want to hear and obey.
 
Let me close by saying that I love my family immensely. Tammy is still the most beautiful woman in the world, my own personal super-model, super-wife, super-mom and super-grandmother! Our daughters are gorgeous, intelligent young women who continue to own parts of my heart that I hope they will always treasure. Micah and Eli are growing, and becoming more and more special to me everyday. Tammy always wanted four children, and like most men, I always wanted the opportunity to raise a son. We just didn't know that some of our dreams would become a reality in the way that they did. Like I told her a few days ago, I now have two little men who share my name and carry my likeness. May I be the godly example to them that they need and deserve.

I would count it a privilege if you would pray for us all. Thank you - God bless you.

Originally emailed on July 21, 2016


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment